Beginning April 1, 2017, the Missouri Department Social Services, Children’s Division (DSS) has created a NEW 3-hour class called "CCDF: Health & Safety" to cover all of the DSS required classes for child care programs receiving child care subsidy payments.
Check class offerings and register
The NEW updated 3-hour CCDF: Health & Safety Training will include the following required topics:
• Prevention of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome and Safe Sleeping
• Prevention of Shaken Baby Syndrome and Abusive Head Trauma
• Emergency Disaster and Response
• Mandatory Child Abuse and Neglect (CA/N) Reporting
• Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases, including Immunizations
• Administration of Medication, Consistent with Standards for Parental Consent
• Prevention and Response to Food Allergy Emergencies
• Building and Physical Premises Safety, including Identification of and Protection from Hazards that can Cause Bodily Injury
• Handling and Storage of Hazardous Materials and the Appropriate Disposal of Bio-contaminants
• Transportation of Children
The following 5 topics are NO LONGER REQUIRED:
• Child Care Subsidy Orientation
• Emergency Planning
• Hand-Washing & Universal Health Precautions
• Child’s Physical, Social & Emotional Development
• Sanitary Food Handling
State ID: You will still need a state issued MOPD ID number to register and get credit for the trainings. This is different from a DVN number. To obtain or look up your MOPD ID number and to set up a Toolbox account, visit www.MOPDID.org.
CPR/FIRST AID: Current certifications in CPR and First Aid and completion of the CCDF: Health & Safety training will meet the DSS requirements.